Become part of a sharing community!
Would you like to see a more sharing society?
Would you like to be part of the change?
If so, you can use this website to create an online library of DVDs, CDs, books or anything else which you wish to share with your friends, family or local community.
The benefits of being part of a sharing community include:
- a more sustainable lifestyle, consuming fewer non-renewable resources
- more money to spend on things which are important to you
- an increase in your living space, by reducing the clutter of rarely-used possessions
- access to a wider variety of goods which might otherwise be too expensive or too far away
- opportunities to meet people with similar interests in your area.
What to do next...
- If you want to see what you can borrow for free, you can search using the Search function above or the Advanced Search, which allows you to search in specific areas. For example, try searching on 'tool', 'camping' or 'phone'.
- To ask for whatever you find and/or start sharing your own things with others, you can Register or Login for free.
- If you like the idea of sharing, but would rather start by sharing only with people you know, Contact Us and we can set up a special code so that your things are seen only by you and your friends.
- If you want to share, but there aren't yet many other freelenders near you, you can join Streetbank, who may have more lenders and borrowers in your area.
- If you want to share your skills/services (eg dog-walking, massage, mediation, meditation or computer teaching) for free, we suggest that you also join the Freeconomy at justfortheloveofit.org
- Freelender has been created and is run by a team of volunteers. If you'd like to join the team, please Contact Us. We'd love to hear from you!
- Any other questions? See our FAQ or Contact Us with any queries or suggestions for improvements to the site.